Texas Rush Joins ECNL
Texas Rush have received an invitation to join the Elite Clubs National League (ECNL) starting in the fall of 2012. The ECNL was founded in 2009 to enhance the developmental experience of female soccer players in the United States through:
- Improving the competitive environment through creation of a true national competitive league with multiple flights
- Improving the process for identifying elite female soccer players for the U.S. Soccer youth national teams through a systematic scouting and identification program based on national competitions
- Improving the daily training environment at top female youth soccer clubs through developing best practices and training and organizational guidelines for its member clubs
GOAL: The goal of the Elite Clubs National League (ECNL) is to change the landscape for elite female soccer players in the United States through innovative, player-centered programming and to enhance the overall experience by creating a better, more enjoyable, and more successful player, coach, and club development model. ACTION PLAN (Summary): To accomplish this goal, the ECNL developed a common organizational structure, composed of individual clubs operating collectively under the direction of a commissioner. Because the ECNL exists to promote the common interest of its member clubs, the ECNL operating model is unified and comprehensive and values accessibility and sustainability. The ECNL utilizes four primary delivery mechanisms, or platforms, for “Changing the Daily Environment”:
- The Competition Platform
- The Player Identification Platform
- The Club and Coach Development Platform
- The HER Platform (a female-specific health, wellness, and rejuvenation platform).
By focusing solely on the elite competition within the ECNL, these clubs will be able to provide an improved environment with a better training-to-game ratio and more demanding and consistent competition. The 2012/13 ECNL season has three parts that provide the competitive platform for over 5,000 games to be played:
- ECNL Conference and Cross-Conference Competitions
- ECNL National Event Competitions
- ECNL National Championships
Texas Rush will form five (5) ECNL teams to compete in the U14 to U18 age groups (1 team per age group) in the 2012/13 season. Junior ECNL events will be offered to players U13 and below throughout the year in preparation for the national stage at U14.
Texas Rush is Houston's only representative in a prestigious list of America's top soccer clubs offering the highest level of play for both male and female youth soccer players. Only 26 clubs in the nation (including Colorado and Virginia Rush) are members of both the ELITE CLUBS NATIONAL LEAGUE (girls) and the US SOCCER DEVELOPMENT ACADEMY (boys).
"The club is very excited to have the opportunity to participate in the ECNL this coming fall season. Competing with the top female clubs in the country will provide tremendous exposure for our top players.” Don Gemmell, Technical Director, Texas Rush Soccer Club.
For more detailed information on the ECNL, please visit: http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com