Pennsylvania Rush announces the appointment of Nick Vitale as Technical Director for the club. Nick holds a UEFA "A" License and has been coaching for over twenty years.
Nick served as a coach, coaching trainer and community liaison at Swindon Town Professional Soccer Club in England from July 1992 to July 2000. Nick’s responsibilities included:
- Coaching at the Swindon Town F.C. School of Excellence and the Saturday Community Soccer Schools
- Coaching at the Swindon Soccer fun weeks
- Planning and executing the training structures for fellow coaches
- Managing the coordination with the Swindon Town soccer centers, based over five different locations Was also involved in increasing the accessibility of football coaching for women in the area through specialist coaching schemes
- Taking Swindon Town F.C. teams to tournaments home and abroad
When he first came to America, and while studying for an Associate’s Degree at Pima College, Nick was the Director of Coaching (and Coach) for Calcio FC Soccer Club in Tucson, Arizona from August 2000 to July 2005. He was also the ODP Boys Program Director for the State of Arizona for 2 years (2003-04) and Charlton Athletic USA’s Director of 'Soccer in the Community' Program from July 2005 to December 2005.
Nick returned to England in 2006 and resumed his relationship with Swindon Town F.C. as a community coach and player development specialist.
On his return to the US, Nick joined the “Rush” community and served as Technical Director for Arizona Rush for a short period before being recommended as TD for Pennsylvania Rush by the Rush home office staff.
“I am really looking forward to working with the players coaches and parents of Pennsylvania Rush. With my experience and understanding of the Rush organization, I believe I can work with the coaches to provide the structure to take us to the next competitive level” - Nick Vitale