Players MAP March - "Concentration"
Concentration is one of our M.A.P. topics. Concentration – refers to ones ability to focus or change their focus at key times.
So what does it mean to have concentration – or focus? How do you keep your focus when things get distracting.
Watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeE2P23lPjI
- What distractions to these players have to deal with at heir level of play?
- What distractions do you have to deal with?
- How do you deal with those distractions?
- Check out this slide show to see how you can deal with distractions to stay focused in the long and short term to reach your goals
Here are couple of cool articles/videos about concentration and choosing and using cues to maintain concentration in critical situations
- Here is an Excellent video about how to stay in the moment….very good stuff http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W02NfaMnT6I
- This article is from Australia and talks about using cues to improve focus http://www.appliedsportpsych.org/resource-center/resources-for-athletes/cue-statements-staying-focused-at-critical-times/
- This is a great article about all types of different ways to concentrate…including how to use cues words… http://www.headstrongconsulting.com/2013/06/05/concentration-what-it-is-and-how-to-improve-it/